- 15 credit hours, chosen in consultation with the undergraduate advisor, including:
- The India Studies core course
- At least one course from the Literary and Performance Studies group
- At least one course from the Philosophical and Religious Studies group.
- At least one course from the Social, Political, and Historical Studies group.
In consultation with the undergraduate advisor, two semesters of intermediate language coursework may be substituted for one of the requirements listed above (with the exception of the core course, which is required of all students). No more than 6 credits of coursework may be taken at the 100 level, and at least 9 credit hours of coursework must be taken at the 300 level or above.
Only one course from a student's major may be counted toward the India Studies minor.
All students in the minor program are strongly urged to study an Indic language at the earliest possible opportunity. India also has a rich English-medium cultural tradition (in such areas as literature, drama, and Third World studies, among others), so students may choose to focus their work on these English language traditions.