- 4 graduate (i.e., 500-level or higher) courses, each of at least 3 credit hours.
- Credit will be awarded for courses listed as Dhar India Studies Program offerings, and may, at the discretion of the DISP Director, be awarded for additional, unlisted courses that have extensive content pertaining to India/South Asia.
- No more than 2 language courses may be counted toward the four course total; each course so counted must be taken at the second year (i.e., Intermediate) level or higher.
- Specific courses, as well as language requirements (if any) should be chosen in consultation with the Program Director.
- Ordinarily, only 1 course from the student's major program may be counted towards the Ph.D. minor; this course may not simultaneously be counted toward other major or minor requirements.
(students who matriculated prior to Fall 2015 may use the earlier requirements for the PhD minor. Please consult with the Director on this point.)